I've decided to update my old Night vision script, which was last updated more than a year ago.
/\ Revamped the Tonemap effect:
* has 3 quality settings - low, medium, high (medium and high yield the best results, while low provides a rough prediction of the effect)
* added in an option to turn on Delayed Tonemap Tracing - less traces with MUCH less performance loss and no quality loss either!
/\ Revamped the Goggle overlay effect - no performance loss!
/\ Greatly optimized the code
Q: What's this?
A: This is a very customizable night vision script
Q: How different is it from other night vision scripts?
A: Unlike most scripts, this script actually illuminates the area around you instead of simply modifying on-screen colors
Q: How customizable is it?
A: You can:
- Modify the illumination radius
- Modify the brightness of the illumination
- Modify the speed of how fast the night vision turns on
- Modify the needed darkness level for ID work (described below)
- Modify the reaction time of ID
- Modify the range at which ETISD works (described below)
- Modify the sensivity of ISIB
- Modify the range at which AIM works
- Toggle on/off a distortion effect
- Toggle on/off a blur effect
- Modify the intensity of the blur effect
- Toggle on/off the green overlay effect
- Toggle on/off the goggle effect
- Toggle on/off the tonemap effect (which has 3 quality modes AND a performance mode called "Delayed Tonemap Tracing"!)
- Easily reset everything
Q: I bet it works only on console commands
A: Yes, and no. You can access an in-game menu by going to Q > Options > NVScript > Client.
You can also control everything using the console commands (command names are below)
Q: Do I need any additional games for this to work?
A: No, all the needed materials are included. (5 materials)
Q: How do I install this?
A: It's in addon format, so, extract to your addons folder.
Q: My night vision goes all crazy when I have ETISD turned on!
A: Turn it off or decrease the range at which it works.
This download looks like an addon. You need to extract the downloaded zip and put the addon folder in your Garry's Mod addons folder. You should end up with a directory structure similar to below:
NVScript <-- Addon folder!
judaddyferdy01, mateusz28821, Gırendfadır Potttteyto, 404KODA, MichaelAllen, NikDi, CaveX, ali_shkeir1996, dalamar316, Jon can't play, antoniusevans93, killervampcat, Fire gaming, KieTheGamer, KieTheGamer, luisfer_3105, Dachoni29, oxcumix, foofara10, joksanpro1900, deivis_salaverria_hernandez, berryarg, gryZor4000, gryZor4000, masnarang, masnarang, jordenramshorst, mrcamerongg1337, syedmarwanshah, þåþ'zÐðMïñïÇ, ТЮЛЕНЬ, aaronrandria, Dookatroopa Comedian, chickenshark, stephen91, dead.undude, kanayagaming123, Samurai-Jack, Minefox The Fox Dragon, bigfootufo79, fajaralamsyah3142, DarkCoolBoy, basedexe, Nanowғх, trolex180angel, fed.agentcnb, AdvancedWarfare503, obellianne, squiz v2, autvacc +143 others