Originally uploaded by _Kilburn on 30th April 2008 00:21 am
This is a remake of the old Gmod 9 Combine Ravegun SWEP. Basically, it emits music, pretty laser beams and lights, and makes NPC dance.
Unzip it in your addons folder.
Left click to throw it, right click to change the music, and reload to make it explode. You can have only one raveball at once, you should make the current one explode before throwing another one.
For now, it works well with:
- Combine soldiers, including elites
- Classic zombies
- Headcrabs (any type)
- Classic antlions and antlion workers
- Hunters and striders (though striders don't dance very much)
- swep_raveball_radius: The radius around the raveball within which NPCs will start dancing. Default: 1000
- swep_raveball_detail: The detail level. 0 will show no effects at all, 1 will show a white glow effect, 2 will add coloured lasers, and 3 will add spinning lamps. 3 may dramatically decrease performance on low computer specs, so set it to 2 if you experience any huge framerate drop. Default: 3
-swep_raveball_custom: If this is set to 1, you will be able to play your own custom MP3 songs instead of the 4 default HL2 songs. Just add them in addons\raveball\sounds, and it will detect them automatically. Default: 0
- Enemy NPCs will keep their colour and their "friendly" state if you detonate the raveball while they are out of its effect radius.
- Hunters may fire a few shots at the raveball while jumping and dancing around it. This was not originally wanted, but I think I will not fix it, it looks pretty hilarious.
- Metrocops will dance for two seconds, and then die. This is due to the schedule I used (it is actually the animation played when they are on fire). I will try to find a way around this.
- Lasers go through walls. This will not be fixed, the game won't really like to perform over 100 traces every frame.
- The raveball will still be active when the song ends. Make it explode, or change song using secondary fire. Will