Originally uploaded by Drumdevil on 18th June 2011 17:42 pm
This is version 2. Version one is located here:http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=116748
Over 1800 downloads. Thanks!
4: Tips & Tricks
These props are made by me, mostly based on existing trains from Europe.
I am not a real modeller, but a mapper. But due the lack of train props in garry's mod, I decided to make
these props in Hammer, and then compile them with propper.
Place the whole folder into your addons folder. Delete any previous versions.
If you had a previous version installed (even if you use SVN), go to:
garrysmod/garrysmod/settings/spawnlist/ and delete all files starting with " "
garrysmod/garrysmod/spawnicons/ and delete the folder named "drumdevils_props"
If you keep this addon updated using SVN, you wasted your time downloading this. Although you should still delete the files mentioned above.
SVN details are down below at Notes (6).
This pack contains:
- Passenger coaches
- Freight cars
- Train sets
- Various essentials like Bogies, pantographs etc
- A map with decent length of tracks, stations, utilities, working triggered railroad crossings, custom content, etc.
- Some road vehicles like busses, vans and caravans.
4) Tips & Tricks
Recommened addons to make use of this pack easier:
Weight Stool and Smartsnap Stool.
- Use the PHX trainwheels.
- Use physical properties > Ice on the train wheels.
- WELD the train wheels. This makes your train more stable and go faster in turns without derailing.
- Use the Weight Stool set to 1500 on the train wheels.
- Make your trhrusters around 25 kg with the Weight Stools.
- To couple trains, use the bogies with couplings in this pack. Or you can ballsocket bogies together. Also you can use